Northern Velebit National Park
Basic information
Sample name: Northern Velebit National Park

Reference: N. Sprem, D. Zanella, D. Ugarkovic, I. Prebanic, P. Gancevic, and L. Corlatti. 2015. Unimodal activity pattern in forest-dwelling chamois: typical behaviour or interspecific avoidance?. European Journal of Wildlife Research 61:789-794 [ER 1767]
Country: Croatia

Coordinate: 44° 57' 55" N, 15° 0' 4" E
Basis of coordinate: stated in text
Geography comments: elevation 518 and 1678 m
Climate and habitat
Habitat: temperate coniferous forest
Protection: national/state park
Substrate: ground surface
MAT: 3.5
MAP: 1898.0
Habitat comments: "Forests cover about 78 % of the study area... and are composed mainly of fir Abies alba and spruce Picea abies; the remaining 22 % of the study area is unforested... The climate is humid-boreal with a Mediterranean influence"
Life forms: carnivores, ungulates
Focal species: Rupicapra rupicapra balcanica
Sampling methods: no design, automatic cameras
Sample size: 2425
Years: 2012
Days: 184
Nets or traps: 15
Net or trap nights: 2760
Camera type: digital
Cameras paired: no
Sampling comments: "Camera trapping was conducted over a 6-month period, 24 h/day, from May to October 2012... using 15 Primos® TruthCam 35 trail cameras, randomly placed over the study area, with 11 cameras positioned in forested habitats and 4 cameras positioned in open habitats"
Sample: 1971
Contributor: John Alroy
Enterer: John Alroy
Created: 2016-01-26 10:38:31
Modified: 2018-01-28 12:28:24
Abundance distribution
7 species
1 singleton
total count 2425
standardised richness: not computable
Fisher's α: 0.884
geometric series k: 0.2741
Hurlbert's PIE: 0.0555
Shannon's H: 0.1723
Good's u: 0.9996